People in the Sonic Interaction Design Lab
The Sonic Interaction Design Lab is led by Prof. Nick Bryan-Kinns with Dr. Tony Stockman.
The following researchers are in the core SID area:
- Hazar Emre Tez, computer supported collaborative music making systems for experts, PhD student.
- Antonella Nonnis, accessible and tangible interactions for children with autism, PhD student.
- An Liang, textile-based interactive system design for dance movement, PhD student.
- Zico Pratama Putra, auditory and haptic representation of graphical information, PhD student.
- Nida Aziz, Sensory Substitution Systems, PhD student.
- Mariam Bahameish, exploring multimodal approaches to the monitoring and analysis of heart rate variability, PhD student.
- Mei Zhang, supporting textiles and fashion designers in wearable design, PhD student.
- Francesco Soave, haptics and sound to represent motion in virtual reality, PhD Student.
- Jianing Zheng, deformable interfaces in digital musical interfaces design, PhD Student.
- Nicole Robson, exploring audience interaction with sound installation artworks, PhD student.
The following researchers are in SID related areas:
- Yuanyuan Liu, digital platforms for craft in the UK and China, PostDoc researcher.
- Betül Aksu, text and multimedia display in public interactive art, PhD student.
- Sophie McDonald, community engagement through non-screen based interaction, PhD student.
Visitors to QMUL who have worked in the SID area:
- 2019-2020 Hui Zhang Zhejiang University, China
- 2018-2019 Xiaojing Lian China Conservatory of Music, China
- 2016-2017 Prof. Hao Tan Hunan University, China
- 2016-2017 Dr. Zhengyu Tan Hunan University, China
- 2016-2017 Pan Jing Tongji University, China
- 2015-2016 Yiqi Xiao Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Dr. Wei Wang Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Dr. Hu Ying Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Prof. Ji Tie Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Shunzhong Fan Hunan University, China
- 2012-2012 João Cordeiro Portuguese Catholic University
- 2020 Men Liang
- 2019 Feng Feng
- 2019 Katja Knecht
- 2018 Yongmeng Wu
- 2018 Astrid Bin
- 2017 Antonella Mazzoni
- 2016 Keir Williams
- 2015 Evan Morgan
- 2015 Sarah Heitlinger
- 2015 Benedikt Bengler
- 2014 David Christopher Meckin
- 2012 Robin Gareth Whiteley Fencott
- 2012 Tim Peter Erastus Murray Browne
- 2010 Oussama Metatla
- 2010 Dan Stowell
- 2009 Shahin Nabavian
- 2009 Jean-Baptiste Thiebaut
- 2009 Andrew Robertson
Previous research staff at QMUL who have worked in the SID area:
- 2018-2019 Rachel Lasebikan
- 2017-2017 Ryan Lane
- 2015-2016 Nanda Khaorapapong
- 2016-2016 Christopher Paton
- 2015-2017 Sara Heitlinger
- 2015-2015 Benedikt Bengler
- 2010-2015 Oussama Metatla
- 2010-2016 Fiore Martin
- 2005-2006 Meg Smitley
- 2004-2006 Joe Leach
- 2004-2005 Jaehyuk Lee