People in the Sonic Interaction Design Lab
The Sonic Interaction Design Lab is led by Dr. Nick Bryan-Kinns with Dr. Tony Stockman.
The following researchers are in the core SID area:
- Antonella Mazzoni, wearable haptics to enhance mood music in films, PhD student.
- Yongmeng Wu, computer supported music making systems for novices, PhD student.
- Hazar Emre Tez, computer supported collaborative music making systems for experts, PhD student.
- Men Liang, computer supported collaborative music making systems for novices, PhD student.
- Antonella Nonnis, sonic interaction for children with special educational needs, PhD student.
- An Liang, sonic interaction in wearables and etextiles, PhD student.
- Astrid Bin, interactive music systems for performance, PhD student.
- Feng Feng, investigating the influence of mode on navigation and target finding, PhD student.
- Zico Pratama Putra, auditory and haptic representation of graphical information, PhD student.
- Nida Aziz, Sensory Substitution Systems, PhD student.
- Mariam Bahameish, exploring multimodal approaches to the monitoring and analysis of heart rate variability, PhD student.
The following researchers are in SID related areas:
- Betül Aksu, text and multimedia display in public interactive art, PhD student.
- Sophie McDonald, community engagement through non-screen based interaction, PhD student.
- Katja Knecht, environmental sensors for office well-being, PhD student (co-supervisor).
- Rachel Lasebikan, research manager for wearable design, RA.
Visitors to QMUL who have worked in the SID area:
- 2016-2017 Prof. Hao Tan Hunan University, China
- 2016-2017 Dr. Zhengyu Tan Hunan University, China
- 2016-2017 Pan Jing Tongji University, China
- 2015-2016 Yiqi Xiao Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Dr. Wei Wang Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Dr. Hu Ying Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Prof. Ji Tie Hunan University, China
- 2014-2015 Shunzhong Fan Hunan University, China
- 2012-2012 João Cordeiro Portuguese Catholic University
- 2011-2015 Sarah Heitlinger
- 2011-2015 Benedikt Bengler
- 2010-2014 David Christopher Meckin
- 2008-2012 Robin Gareth Whiteley Fencott
- 2006-2010 Oussama Metatla
- 2006-2009 Shahin Nabavian
- 2011-2015 Evan Morgan
- 2009-2016 Keir Williams
- 2008-2012 Tim Peter Erastus Murray Browne
- 2007-2010 Dan Stowell
- 2006-2009 Jean-Baptiste Thiebaut
- 2006-2009 Andrew Robertson
Previous research staff at QMUL who have worked in the SID area:
- 2017-2017 Ryan Lane
- 2015-2016 Nanda Khaorapapong
- 2016-2016 Christopher Paton
- 2015-2017 Sara Heitlinger
- 2015-2015 Benedikt Bengler
- 2010-2015 Oussama Metatla
- 2010-2016 Fiore Martin
- 2005-2006 Meg Smitley
- 2004-2006 Joe Leach
- 2004-2005 Jaehyuk Lee